In August 1953, Lorenz Langbecker of Coos Bay, Oregon and Harold Dickerson of Eugene, Oregon made an appeal to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS) for a pastor to serve the Eugene, Oregon Area. In October 1953, Pastor Daniel Malchow was installed and conducted the first formal worship service at a rented parsonage on Garfield Street in Eugene, Oregon. Church services commenced thereafter in a rented multi-purpose room of Westmoreland School in Eugene, Oregon.
In August 1955, Pastor G. Jerome Albrecht was installed as pastor and in June 1956, Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church formally organized.
In September 1957, due to the proximity of the church's future location, worship services transferred to the multi-purpose room at Harris School in Eugene. In 1958, a parsonage was built on University Street in Eugene and in July 1961, ground-breaking for the new church took place. In March 1962, the first worship service and dedication were held in the new church building.
In July 1967, Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church held a dedication service for the 5th anniversary of the church building. In July 1971, Pastor LeRoy Ade was installed as pastor and in March 1974, pastor Lloyd Lambert was installed.
In April 1982, Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church voted to go self-supporting and was approved to join the Pacific Northwest District Mission Board. In July 1984, Pastor Jay S. Blum was installed.
In June 1986, Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church celebrated its 30th anniversary and in April 1992, a new Constitution and By-Laws was approved.
In May 1988, a new organ was purchased and it was dedicated in September 1988.
In October 1989, a mortgage burning ceremony was held.
In September 1996, Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church celebrated its 40th anniversary and in September 2006, the 50th anniversary.
Pastor Jay S. Blum retired after 31 years of service in June 2015.
Pastor Benjamin Zuberbier was installed in June 2015 and was with Trinity until August 2019 when he accepted a call to Zion Lutheran in Columbus, Wisconsin.
Pastor Mark Swanson and his wife, Janet, accepted the call to serve here with us and was installed on November 15, 2020.